Recently, a research team composed of 30 scholars from 10 countries around the world led by Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology and Queensland University of Technology published a perspective article 'A synergistic ozone- Climate Control to Address Emerging Ozone Pollution Challenges' in One Earth, a sister journal of Cell. The article proposes a climate-coordinated ozone pollution control strategy to address the longstanding environmental threat of ground-level ozone pollution.Dr. Lyu Xiaopu of Hong Kong Baptist University and Professor Li Ke of Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology are the co-first authors of the paper; Professor Guo Hai of Hong Kong Polytechnic University and Professor Lidia Morawska of Queensland University of Technology are the corresponding authors of the paper.
1. Lyu, X., Li, K., Guo, H., Morawska, L., Zhou, B., Zeren, Y., Jiang, F., Chen, C., Goldstein, A.H., Xu, X. Wang, T., and etc., 2023. A synergistic ozone-climate control to address emerging ozone pollution challenges. One Earth, 6(8), pp.964-977.
2. Lyu, X., Guo, H., Zou, Q., Li, K., Xiong, E., Zhou, B., Guo, P., Jiang, F. and Tian, X., 2022. Evidence for Reducing Volatile Organic Compounds to Improve Air Quality from Concurrent Observations and In Situ Simulations at 10 Stations in Eastern China. Environmental Science & Technology, 56(22), pp.15356-15364.
3. Lyu, X., Guo, H., Yao, D., Lu, H., Huo, Y., Xu, W., Kreisberg, N., Goldstein, A.H., Jayne, J., Worsnop, D. and Tan, Y., 2020. In situ measurements of molecular markers facilitate understanding of dynamic sources of atmospheric organic aerosols. Environmental Science & Technology, 54(18), pp.11058-11069.
4. Lyu, X., Wang, N., Guo, H., Xue, L., Jiang, F., Zeren, Y., Cheng, H., Cai, Z., Han, L. and Zhou, Y., 2019. Causes of a continuous summertime O3 pollution event in Jinan, a central city in the North China Plain. Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, 19(5), pp.3025-3042.
5. Lyu, X.P., Guo, H., Wang, N., Simpson, I.J., Cheng, H.R., Zeng, L.W., Saunders, S.M., Lam, S.H.M., Meinardi, S. and Blake, D.R., 2017. Modeling C1–C4 alkyl nitrate photochemistry and their impacts on O3 production in urban and suburban environments of Hong Kong. Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres, 122(19), pp.10-539.